In the spirit of zombies, I’ve put together a zombie soundtrack for my story. Specifically, a list of songs I was listening to at different times when writing The Dead and the Dying, but before I post mine, I’ve set up a number of themes that are highly applicable to the Zombie Apocalypse scenario. Below is a short list of themes for you to pick songs you feel are appropriate to the mood, followed by an explanation. Pick your list, and email them to me. Fill out all the numbers with at least one answer if you want to see them up here.
1. All is Well– This is the beginning of the story, when your life is at it’s most normal, before the outbreak.
2. Terror Rising– The Outbreak is here! How do you feel about it? Scared? Frantic? …Happy?
3. What Happens Now?– What’s your plan? Do you sit at home and strategize? Do you immediately make a break for it? Do you go the cowards way out? Decisions, decisions…
4, 5, 6. The Killing Begins!- Pick three tracks for this setting. This is you doing what you’ve always wanted to do should a Zombie Apocalypse break out- Kill people without having to feel bad about it! Do you go into a dream-like state or a beserker rage like Wolverine? Pick what reflects you in action. For every 12 soundtracks posted, a winner will be voted on and get a prize. Prizes? OOH YEEAH!
7. All is Lost– A literary term to define exactly what you feel at this moment when all is, in fact, lost. Sad, depressing, blahblahblah…
8. You and Yours– Regroup! It’s fight or flight! Get your survivors and get out of here! Escape!
9. Here’s to the Future– A song to go out on. Are you dead? Dying? Zombified? Alive and reflective? Hopeful? This is the song to show it.
Responses will start being posted in the next few days. Send to email@example.com