By far the most “Western” of all the soundtracks thus far, this one brings more images to mind of the aftermath rather than the chaos as most soundtracks would. When the dust settles, I imagine sitting on the porch of a house like the one in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, just rocking back and forth as society is slowly being rebuilt somewhere else, while the country remains the same. With a bunch of rotting corpses strewn everywhere too of course. I had to leave a link to Murder by Death’s song, as it happens to be my favorite from them and their new album Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon came out just a couple days ago. Look’er up! How do more of you not include Social D on your soundtracks? Shame on you!
If you want to submit your own, click here -T
1. The Avett Brothers– Jenny And The Summer Day. Self Explanatory.
2. Kris Kristofferson– Sunday Morning Coming Down. Can you imagine the scene this song creates only with zombies added to it? Man, if you think your hangover sucks you’re really in for a bad day.
3. Deer Tick– Straight Into A Storm. The perfect song for deciding to face the situation head on.
4. Mumford & Sons– Dust Bowl Dance. I think this song is cool to start the killing segment with because it is about someone gradually being pushed to that limit.
5. John Mark McMillan– The Reckoning Day
6. Murder By Death– Ash. Another cool apocalyptic song.
7. Social Distortion– Down On The World. I knew I wanted Social D for this one but it was hard to choose one song.
8. Squad Five-O– Don’t Look Back. North to the future on the stereo! Gotta love the shout out to fellow GA band Joe Christmas but this song was chosen because it fits the theme perfectly. If you can get past the cheesy fake 80’s rock sound, for some reason I love it.
9. John Mark McMillan- The Reckoning Day. This song is really the perfect song. It sounds almost as if it was written about life post zombie apocalypse. In a way it was – it’s a worship song about Jesus’ return. “Come untied from the weight of the age.”
10. The Zombies– How We Were Before. Picture zombies slow dancing to this one – pretty funny huh?